The Object Manager is the service providing all necessary methods to store, manage, and retrieve digital objects. It allows for aggregating objects, versioning, and managing the basic object lifecycle. The Object Manager is thus the interface to the underlying repository system and one of the central services of the eSciDoc Infrastructure.
The Object Manager encompasses five services:
- Content Model Service - create your own object types
- Organizational Unit Service - map the organizational structure of your organization in a network of objects
- Context Service - create workspaces for projects or applications
- Container Service - create aggregations of objects
- Item Service - create content objects for your "digital stuff"