The eSciDoc infrastructure is a Java application that runs in an J2EE application server. We currently offer a EAR file for download (Build ), which indicates that you need to install and configure a runtime environment first before you can actually deploy the infrastructure.
We are developing and testing the software both on Windows XP and Suse Linux. Additionally, we have tested the eSciDoc Infrastructure on Solaris 10. Other operating systems might work, but we have no expericence yet.
If you update an installation it might by necessary to migrate your repository. Please read migration notes from AdminTool package.
You will need to install the following software packages in order to deploy the eSciDoc infrastructure:
Building and deployingNow you can go on with
- building and deploying the eSciDoc infrastructure from the source code distribution or
- deploying the eSciDoc infrastructure from the binary distribution.
Configuration and Customization
- Change the eSciDoc Infrastructure properties according to your needs.
- Change the eSciDoc Login configuration according to your needs.
- Install the Digilib image manipulation service (optional)